The database enables parents to find playgroups and provides a central platform to attract more parents. We'd love to hear of your hyper local gatherings, tell us about them!
Haven’t found one yet and would love to know about other parents pursuing the same endeavour? Get in touch and we’ll facilitate exchange whenever possible.
The Starter Kit is for parents interested in setting up a new language-specific playgroup in their area. It’s based on past experiences and helps you with formalising your idea. We believe you don’t have to reinvent the wheel anew and can benefit from our insights:
Here are a few questions it deals with:
- How do you find local parents who speak your language in your area?
- How do you judge what kind of space you need and where can you ask for support?
- What kind of activities/ program can you offer to attract more parents?
- How do you explain what you do and why to the wider community?
In addition to that, we include the full admin specs
- Why should you formalise email, groups, and web presence
- Print your own business cards, flyers, and posters (design provided)
Have we missed anything? Let us know, we’re happy to discuss it with you, either online or in person. If you have a genius idea on how we can make it even more accessible, get in touch. We look forward to meeting you.
For more information on the groups listed below, please get in touch with the organisers directly.
London, United Kingdom
Saturday Schools - "Petites ecoles FLAM"
NW3, W9 Ma petite ecole
SE3 Ecole grenadine
SE24 Ecole buissoniere d'East Dulwich
SM3 L'ecole du petit poucet
SW7 Et patati patata
SW15 Boule de neige
SW18 Les petits choux
SW19 L'ecole de Wimbledon
N16 Li-La-LondonBaeren (Linden Children Centre)
SE10 Kleine Piraten
SE13 Kleine Katzen
SE24 Hänsel & Gretel
SW7 Heidi & Peter